KeyLAB2 – Development and Updates
Please note that the following news item is an archived article. Therefore any links and information may now be out of date.
New releases and new updates will be available over the next few weeks due to work on the next release of KeyLAB2 having been underway at a frenetic pace recently. A number of wish list requests will be available, including the following new functionality:
- Data entry available via spreadsheet interface
- Full support for concrete testing via a complete workflow with enhancements to the data entry interface, scheduling, etc. This functionality supports both concrete cores and cubes.
- Allocate a unique sample identifier prefix for each laboratory on the system. This means users are no longer restricted to a single identifier across the system
- Availability of additional metadata for inclusion in KeyLAB reports. This includes the ability to show the date reported and the generation of unique report numbers (i.e. complying the requirements of the Australian accreditation service)
- Report sheets can be locked, preventing unauthorised edits to output
- Minor improvements to the user interface (e.g. enhanced ability to order tests on forms, improved spinner control)
This release is currently going through testing and some further enhancements are required before being made available to all KeyLAB2 users with a valid maintenance agreement. We therefore expect the new version to be made available in the week commencing 8th April 2013.
Supporting this effort a number of new test definitions will be made available, many of which are made available with new dedicated input/output sheets. A number of these (for BS1377) have been published via the Keynetix Knowledgebase over the past couple of weeks:
- Linear Shrinkage (BS 1377: Part 2: 1990: Clause 6.5)
- Lab Vane Test (BS 1377: Part 7: 1990: Clause 3)
- Triaxial Multi Specimen Test (BS 1377: Part 7: 1990: Clause 8)
- Triaxial Multi Stage Test (BS 1377: Part 7: 1990: Clause 9)
- Total Dissolved Solids (BS 1377: Part 3: 1990: Clause 8)
We naturally plan to expand this list via the Keynetix Knowledgebase over time.
Monday 11 December 2017
Monday 6 November 2017
Tuesday 31 October 2017
Thursday 19 October 2017