Geology Modeling using AutoCAD Civil 3D – Online
6 Jun 2018 to
15 Jun 2018
15:00 – 17:00
Outcomes and Benefits
Attendees will gain a solid understanding of the key functionality and concepts for geology modeling using the Geotechnical Module or the HoleBASE SI extension for AutoCAD Civil 3D. By the end of the package attendees will develop a key understanding of the following areas:
- Data preparation
- Main principles in modeling geology
- The geology modeling techniques available in AutoCAD Civil 3D
The online sessions will be held on Wednesday 6th June, Friday 8th June, Wednesday 13th June and Friday 15th June at 10am Eastern Time (7am Pacific Time, 3pm BST).
The course is split into four live online workshops covering the following areas:
Workshop 1 – Orientation:
- An introduction to Facilitated Online Learning and how to get the best from it
- Important facts you need to know before you can model geology
- Techniques for preparing and exploring your data before you start
- An introduction to the basic tools required for modeling
- How to best set up your AutoCAD Civil 3D environment
Workshop 2: Essential Techniques
- The most important “dos and don’ts” for modeling geology.
- How to position and apply breaklines to model geology
- Techniques for modeling crossing geologies
Workshop 3: Intermediate Techniques
- How to model faults, channels and inflate lenses and fingers
- Using boundaries to model single and multiple lenses
- Working with repeated strata
- Techniques for modeling encased lenses
Workshop 4: Advanced Techniques
- Best practice for working on linear sites
- 2D and 3D fence diagrams
- Additional features for 3D modeling using HoleBASE Extension for AutoCAD Civil 3D
- How to model and visualize other types of geotechnical data
Who this course is for
It is it is expected the delegate will have a working knowledge of either the Geotechnical Module or the HoleBASE SI extension for AutoCAD Civil 3D. The course covers the techniques required to model geology in the AutoCAD Civil 3D environment using the tools available in the Geotechnical Module.
The course has been designed with AutoCAD Civil 3D technicians and engineers with suitable experience in mind. A good working knowledge of AutoCAD Civils 3D will be required.
Free Geotechnical Module training tutorials are available here: http://geotechnicalmoduletraining.keynetix.com/
Time Allowance Considerations
While the facilitated online learning method requires attendance at, and active participation in, remote workshop sessions, other resources need to be consumed between sessions.
This ‘offline’ material should be considered as important as the workshops themselves – it is the combination of the two techniques which ensures active learning.
2 hours should be allowed for each workshop session with a further 2 hours being allocated for the material associated with each session.
Therefore, the current course (with 4 sessions) has a forecast time requirement of 16 hours minimum.
Workshop sessions will require delegates to actively participate in online activities and discussion. For this reason, a headset with microphone is advised although similar alternatives may be suitable.
$395 per attendee – maximum of 8 attendees
The above package is only suitable for individual attendance. Payment must be received 2 weeks prior to the start of the course.