Deposit your Ground Investigation Data with the BGS
Please note that the following news item is an archived article. Therefore any links and information may now be out of date.
Many of you are benefiting from the British Geological Survey’s geological maps, borehole records and other information available through Holebase SI©. The archive of records, maintained by the British Geological Survey (BGS), continuously grows as a result of deposits by industry and academia. BGS welcomes donations of geological and geotechnical data and information from anywhere in Great Britain. Site investigation reports, including borehole, geotechnical and geoenvironmental data are accepted in pdf, paper or preferably in AGS digital data transfer format where applicable.
Simply send the data you have ownership of to firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure that the data has:
- National Grid references,
- Ground level
- Permission from the data owner, generally the client, allowing BGS to make the data available to third parties (deposited reports and data can be kept confidential for an agreed period of time if required).
We are currently further developing systems so that this data can be made increasingly available to industry in a validated AGS format via the internet.
Finally… why deposit data?
- Help increase the number of borehole logs available to the industry
- Have access to data at anytime from anywhere
- Locate and obtain data efficiently
- Take advantage of our secure storage facilities
- Make informed decisions based on more complete data, saving you and clients time and money.
- Improve the efficiency and increase the data available for the next generation of ground engineering projects.
For more information contact Sue Roper, Data Acquisitions Officer, at email@example.com, call 0115 9363127 or visit the webpage http://www.bgs.ac.uk/services/NGDC/records/depositing.html
Wednesday 28 November 2018
Monday 26 November 2018
Sunday 25 November 2018
Monday 22 October 2018
Thursday 13 September 2018